Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft (game info)
Hearthstone is a turn-based virtual card game for two players.
Players choose a character class - such as mage, warrior or paladin, all of which have their own abilities - then build a deck of 30 cards (out of hundreds of possible cards).
They then take it in turns to place cards on the table, attack opposing cards and the enemy character. The first to whittle the enemy hero's health down to 0 wins that round. In esports, each match is usually a best-of-three.
The game is based on Blizzard's popular online RPG World of Warcraft.
Sheathe your sword, draw your deck, and get ready for Hearthstone - the fast-paced strategy card game that's easy to learn and massively fun. Start a free game on Battle.net and play your cards to sling spells, summon creatures, and command the heroes of Warcraft in duels of epic strategy.
With an assortment of prebuilt starter decksand hundreds of additional cards to win, craft, or purchase, your collection never stops evolving.
Play your way:Find your perfect match in casual, ranked, and arena games, participate in crazy Tavern Brawls, or practice against devious AI opponents and hone your skills in Hearthstone’s adventure mode.
- Platforms: PC
- Typical game length: 5-15mins
- Players: 1v1
- Genre: Turn-based strategy
- Price: Free (with optional in-game micro-transactions)
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Notable tournaments: Blizzcon Championship, World Cyber Arena, Hearthstone Championship Tour
- Website: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/
- Popularity: 50m players
- Twitch: 35.7m hours watched in October 2016 across all viewers
- Launched: March 2014
- Pegi age rating: 7
- Other Pegi info: Pictures or sounds likely to be scary to young children.