Heroes of the Storm: Game Info
Heroes of the Storm (HotS) is a five-versus-five multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game, where players pick a character from different Blizzard games and must work together to destroy the opposing team's base.
It's an online free-to-play team brawler starring well-known Blizzard characters like Arthas and Diablo.
Players level up their character as they progress throughout the match, and can learn different abilities depending on what kind of character they want to create.
Heroes of the Storm is similar to Dota 2 and League of Legends, but is newer than both of those games and is developing an esports scene in its own right.
Blurb: Heroes of the Storm
Thrall, Kerrigan, Diablo, Arthas, Zeratul, Tyrael - they’re all here and ready to test their might in the forge of eternal combat. Who will stand with you in battle? Select your favorites from more than 20 years of Blizzard games.
Contend with unique challenges in every battle. Unlock the legendary secrets of each battleground to maximize chances of a glorious victory. Ghostly pirate ships, the fickle Raven Lord, and massive grave golems can be just as deadly as the opposing team. Adjust your strategy accordingly to the battleground, or face crushing defeat.
Good players win. The great ones make it look good, too. Distinguish yourself in battle with dozens of unique heroes, skins, and mounts. Then customize your hero’s talents and choose from among multiple heroic abilities, enabling you to dish out ruin in the form of orbital bombardments, strafing frost wyrms, or all-consuming hellfire. Perfect your skills and unlock epic Master Skins to show off your ultimate battlefield dominance.
- Platforms: PC
- Typical game length: 15-25mins
- Players: 5v5
- Genre: Multiplayer online battle arena
- Price: Free (with optional in-game micro-transactions)
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Notable tournaments: IEM, Blizzcon Championship, Heroes of the Storm Spring Championship, DreamHack, ESL Championship, World Cyber Arena
- Website: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/
- Popularity: Player numbers have not yet been revealed
- Twitch: 3.2m hours watched in October 2016 across all viewers
- Launched: 2015
- Pegi age rating: 12
- Other Pegi info: Non realistic looking violence towards human characters, mild bad language.