Super Smash Bros: Game Info
Super Smash Bros is a fighting game series which features a host of different characters from various Nintendo games.
While the games feature a single-play mode and a multi-player mode for several players, esports matches are typically one versus one.
Unlike other fighting games, the levels are sprawling environments, which can sometimes interact with the characters in different ways.
There are currently two major Smash Bros games that are played competitively - Super Smash Bros Melee (a Gamecube game launched in 2001) and Super Smash Bros for Wii U (launched in September 2014, also available on the 3DS handheld console).
Smash Bros has become an unlikely competitive esports game over the years, with a dedicated playerbase and Nintendo slowly getting to grips with the scene. With the upcoming Nintendo Switch console trailer hinting at a future in esports, it's expected that Nintendo will more closely embrace competitive gaming going forwards.
Mario! Link! Samus! Pikachu! All of your favorite Nintendo characters are back, along with plenty of new faces, in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the next entry in the beloved Super Smash Bros. series.
Up to four players can battle each other locally or online across beautifully designed stages inspired by classic Nintendo home console games. With a variety of control options and amiibo compatibility, the timeless Super Smash Bros. battles come alive.
- Compete with classic players from the Super Smash Bros. series, along with new challengers like Mega Man, Little Mac or newly announced Palutena, the Goddess of Light from the Kid Icarus games.
- For the first time, players can even compete as their own Mii characters.
- Use a variety of control methods during the high-energy and action-filled battles, including Nintendo GameCube controllers – the longtime controller of choice for hard-core Super Smash Bros. players.
- Customize move sets when playing locally or online with friends.
- Connect with amiibo for added fun.
- Experience the beauty of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in stunning HD, a first for the series.
- Fight against friends and family locally or online, or battle random challengers from all over the world online in “For Fun” or “For Glory” modes.